JN Money Cardholder Agreement
This AGREEMENT is made between the Cardholder and the JN Bank Limited incorporated under the Laws of Jamaica and having its registered office at 2- 4 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10 in the parish of Saint Andrew (hereinafter called the “JN Bank Limited”).
- Throughout this AGREEMENT where the context so requires, the singular includes the plural, and vice versa and the masculine the feminine and the neuter and the following expressions have the following meanings:-
- “The JN Bank” means the JN Bank Limited.
- “Card” means the JN Money Card issued to the customer.
- “ATM” means an Automated Teller Machine.
- “PIN” means the Personal Identification Number used to access the designated accounts through the ATM.
- The Cardholder warrants the JN Bank that he is over the age of eighteen (18 years) and it is agreed as follows:
- The Card is an access card which allows the Cardholder to access money transfers sent to him at any Multilink ATM in Jamaica and/or to make point of sale purchases at any debit card/point of sale merchant in Jamaica. The card is NOT a credit card and does not allow the Cardholder to obtain credit from the JN Bank. The card is not linked to any account held by the Cardholder at JN or any other financial institution.
- The Card shall remain the property of the JN Bank at all times and shall be returned to the JN Bank by the Cardholder on demand.
- The Card shall be used solely by the Cardholder
- The Card shall be ready for pickup at the Cardholder preferred JN Bank location within ten (10) business days after the application was submitted online
- The Bank in its absolute discretion may cancel or refuse to renew or replace any card at any time without notice to the Cardholder.
- The Cardholder shall use all reasonable precaution to prevent loss, theft or destruction of the card and undertakes to verbally notify the JN Bank immediately of such loss, theft or destruction and the circumstances thereof and further to confirm in writing such loss, theft or destruction and circumstances surrounding same within 24 hours of any such occurrence.
- The Cardholder shall be required to select and input his PIN at the JN Bank’s office in such a manner that it will be known only to him. The Cardholder shall memorize his PIN in order to prevent the misuse of the card.
- The Cardholder shall be liable for any and all uses of the card and the transactions created thereby within a 48 hour period after his designated branch of the JN Bank has received written notification of the loss or theft of the card.
- The Cardholder shall use his card and PIN to access his designated Money Transfers, or to make point of sale purchases at all debit card merchants.
- No deposit or payment shall be made through the ATM using the JN Money Card.
- The Cardholder shall not withdraw any cash at an ATM or make any point of sale purchases using his JN Money card unless he has received a money transfer or has part of a previously received money transfer remaining uncollected.
- The Cardholder shall be permitted to make such cash withdrawals from the ATM up to the limit previously specified by the JN Bank per 24 hours. The Cardholder acknowledges that such restrictions are provided for the protection of both the Cardholder and the JN Bank against wrongful use of the card.
- The Cardholder may (at his/her) request a receipt for such transaction made with the card at the ATM. These receipts should be retained for reconciling transactions.
- The JN Bank reserves the right to charge fees. Any fees charged will be automatically deducted when your money transfer becomes available for collection using your card. The Cardholder shall be given notice directly or by public notice of the imposition of any such fees.
- The JN Bank shall be at liberty to vary all charges imposed pursuant to this agreement and to include such other charges as it may consider necessary from time to time and the Cardholder irrevocably authorizes the JN Bank to withdraw all such charges and expenses from all money transfers he receives.
- The JN Bank shall not be liable to the Cardholder for any interruption of service of any of its ATMs or for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the Cardholder in the use of the ATMs nor shall the Bank be liable for any unauthorized use of the card. In case of any queries about any ATM transaction, the Cardholder should contact the Bank within twenty four hours of the transaction or if on a public holiday or weekend, on the following working day.
- The Cardholder may cancel this service upon giving to the Bank ten (10) days written notice of such intended cancellation and such notice shall, to be effective, be accompanied by the money transfer card.
- The card is valid for use at any Multilink ATM operated in Jamaica by the JN Bank or any Multilink ATM belonging to other organizations with which the JN Bank may contract directly or through a provider of electronic transfer or switching system. Cardholders will be advised either directly or by public notice of such arrangements.
- The JN Bank may amend these conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
- The obligations of the parties hereunder shall be governed exclusively by the Laws of Jamaica.
By clicking submit, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement.